PeopleSoft is one of the most established ERP providers in the world, and financial analysts have consistently ranked it as the number one provider of ERP applications. You can PeopleSoft Developers and Quality Assurance Services at iBuildsoft. In 2019, PeopleSoft was a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud Core Financial Management Suites for Midsize, Large, and Global Enterprises.
PeopleSoft offers a wide range of solutions, so there is always something new to learn.
As a PeopleSoft specialist, you are in an excellent position. PeopleSoft offers a broad spectrum of solutions that span varied industries. This means that you will always be learning new skills and gaining new industry experience throughout your career, which can help keep the job from getting dull.
However, staying up to date with all the industry trends and technologies is critical if you want to remain competitive in this field. In this post, we are going to discuss some of the top trending PeopleSoft technologies that you should consider learning about in 2022:
- PeopleSoft Selective Adoption
- Cloud-Based PeopleSoft
- PeopleTools 8.58 and PeopleTools 8.59
- PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF)
- PeopleSoft Mobile Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or Human Capital Management (HCM)
Learning these technologies will enable you to provide more cutting-edge solutions for your clients and may even offer the opportunity to boost your salary or find a higher-paying job by moving into a more specialized field of expertise.
1. PeopleSoft Selective Adoption
- One of the most important features in PeopleSoft.
- Allows you to choose which new features you want to add to your existing PeopleSoft applications, giving you more control over the timing and cost of application updates.
- As a System Administrator, this technology can be a game-changer for you. For example, Selective Adoption has allowed us to add new PeopleTools version 8.59 technologies without updating the underlying PeopleTools versions used by our customers’ production environments.
2. Cloud-Based PeopleSoft Cloud-based
- PeopleSoft is a new option for business users.
- It is based on the same technology as on-premise PeopleSoft, but it is delivered as a service. You can get more information about Oracle Cloud at: https://www.oracle.com/cloud/cloud-platform/
3. PeopleTools 8.58 and PeopleTools 8.59
The latest PeopleSoft releases, PeopleTools 8.58 and PeopleTools 8.59 provide you with tools and technologies to use Oracle's cloud infrastructure and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings in your development efforts.
- A cloud-based application server
- Container-based deployment for developing your applications and services
- JSON support for RESTful integration between systems
- The ability to run your custom Java components on the application server from within PeopleSoft Applications.
These new technologies extend the capabilities of PeopleSoft Applications beyond the traditional on-premises model. PeopleSoft administrators will benefit from learning how to manage these cloud resources using Oracle's Self Service Provisioning portal, which enables them to create their environments in the cloud without having to involve IT resources for provisioning.
4. PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF)
One of the most valuable PeopleSoft technologies you can learn in 2022 is the PeopleSoft Test Framework (PTF).
- PTF is a testing tool that allows you to automate testing for the PeopleSoft applications.
- It provides a user interface that allows you to create, edit, and manage test scripts and test data.
- It also includes a web-based interface and a web services interface.
In addition to learning PTF, we recommend that you learn Oracle Test Manager (OTM), which works in conjunction with PTF as well as other Oracle functional testing tools like Application Test Suite (ATS) and Application Quality Suite (AQM).
5. PeopleSoft Mobile Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or Human Capital Management (HCM)
If you are looking to become an expert in mobile technologies, consider learning more about PeopleSoft’s Mobile Applicant Tracking System (ATS) or Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions.
- These technologies allow HR departments to track candidates throughout the hiring process, from posting open positions and managing applications to tracking time off and performance reviews.
- The ATS can even integrate with social media sites such as LinkedIn to post job openings for maximum exposure and assist with finding candidates.
You can get an introduction to PeopleSoft at Oracle University’s online course, PeopleSoft Certification Paths.
If you are curious to find out more about PeopleSoft and want a completely free course, Oracle offers an online course where you can get an introduction to PeopleSoft technology. You will learn key information such as what applications are included in the PeopleSoft suite and how they all work together, using Oracle's cutting-edge technologies—and it won't cost you a cent.